Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 3 ounces Pancetta, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 3/4 cup Fresh Basil, Torn, Divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- Heat pancetta in large skillet over medium heat until crispy, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta from skillet; drain and set aside. Discard fat from skillet.
- Heat oil in same skillet; sauté garlic for 30 seconds. ADD Tomato & Basil Sauce and wine; bring to boil. Simmer 4 minutes over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in half & half.
- Add ½ cup basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook Penne according to package directions; drain and return to pot. ADD sauce mixture to hot Penne; toss.
- Transfer to serving platter; top with pancetta and remaining ¼ cup basil.