Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, skin removed
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup, Asiago cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a 12-inch skillet, gently heat olive oil, garlic and thyme until the garlic is slightly yellow in color.
- Add sausage and brown well for 4-5 minutes. Add peppers and sauté for 2 minutes then deglaze with wine and reduce until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add marinara sauce and bring to a simmer, season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain then combine with the sauce and garnish with cheese.