Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium vidalia onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Pecorino cheese, grated
- 8 basil leaves, sliced thin
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggplant and sauté for 3-4 minute or until they are well caramelized.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer then season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste, cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the sauce and pesto.
- Remove from the heat and fold in the cheese before serving.