Ingredients for 36 people
- 1 box Barilla® Ditalini
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 each tart green apples, peeled, diced ¼ inch
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook pasta one minute less than package directions, drain and set aside.
Spray muffin tins with pan release to prevent sticking.
- In a large skillet brown sausage, break apart with wooden spoon as sausage browns.
- Add apples and sauté for one more minute. Add pasta and combine. Remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk, mascarpone, mozzarella, sage, salt and pepper, place in pourable measuring cup.
- Fill muffin tins evenly with sausage, apple and pasta mixture.
- Evenly pour egg mixture on top of sausage and pasta, bake for 30 minutes until firm.
- Remove and allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.