In partnership with HRC (Human Rights Campaign) for Pride, Barilla created a rainbow inspired spaghetti pasta dish using fresh tomatoes, butternut squash, zucchini, blueberries and red cabbage. Barilla is honored to have received a perfect score on HRC’s Corporate Equality Index in 2021 for the 7th year in a row. Happy Pride! Buon Appetito!
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, diced ½ inch
- 4 large tomatoes on the vine, blanched, peeled, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced ½ inch
- 2 pints blueberries
- ½ small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
Season butternut squash with salt and pepper and 2-tabelspoons extra olive oil and roast until slightly brown and thoroughly cooked for about 20 minutes. Set aside; keep warm.
- In one small sauce pan, cook blueberries with a pinch of salt for five minutes, set aside; keep warm.
- In a separate small sauce pan, cook cabbage with 1-tabelspoon olive oil, broth, salt and pepper until thoroughly cooked and broth is totally reduced for about 20 minute, set aside; keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile in two separate skillets sauté both zucchini and tomatoes with 1-tabelsoon olive oil and 1 garlic clove each for three minutes over high heat, season with salt and pepper, set aside; keep warm.
Drain cooked pasta reserving 1/3 cup of pasta cooking water. Place pasta in a bowl and toss with cheese and slowly add 1/3 cup of pasta cooking water and remaining olive oil.
- Plate one ingredient at a time in the order of the flag. Mix before consuming.