Barilla® Rigatoni Amatriciana
with Pancetta and Romano Cheese
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 1 large (1/2 pound) onion, sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup romano cheese, grated
- 6 leaves fresh basil, sliced thin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt.
2Cook onions and chili flakes with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3Add pancetta and cook until crispy.
4Add sauce and ½ cup of water, bring to a simmer.
5Season with salt and black pepper.
6Cook pasta according to package directions, drain pasta.
7Add pasta to sauce and toss to coat.
8Remove skillet from heat, fold in romano cheese and basil before serving.