Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1/2 pound Italian Sausage, Crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 4 Plum Tomatoes, Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Chili Pepper Flakes
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat 6 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Drain; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet; add onion and sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Add cooked sausage and tomatoes; continue cooking 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Cook Rigatoni according to package directions; drain.
- Add pasta to skillet; mix well. Transfer to serving platter.