Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fennel, thinly sliced, reserving fennel fronds
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups Tuscan kale*, cut into ½ inch strips
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 each fennel fronds
*also known as Lacinato Kale or black kale
Ingredients for Low-fat Alfredo
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 ½ cups nonfat milk
- To make low-fat Alfredo sauce, melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat.
- In another saucepan bring milk to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add garlic and orange zest to butter and sauté for 30 seconds. Add flour and stir for one minute.
- Slowly whisk hot milk into butter and flour mixture and continue to cook for 6 minutes until Alfredo sauce is thickened, keep warm over low heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water. Return pasta to the saucepan.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and allow to brown. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon.
- Add yellow onion and fennel to skillet and sauté until soft. Add kale to skillet and allow to wilt.
- Add turkey, kale mixture, reserved pasta water and Alfredo to pasta and toss over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fennel fronds before serving.