with Eggplant & Tomatoes
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1 medium eggplant, diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart frying oil
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 5 basil leaves, torn
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
1Pre-heat frying oil. Remove excess seeds from eggplant pieces, dust with flour, and deep fry until golden. Set aside.
2Cook pasta according to package directions.
3Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onions and red pepper flakes for 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 1 additional minute.
4Add eggplant and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
5Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss.
6Top with basil and cheese then serve.