Rigatoni Recipe with Mushrooms, Ricotta Cheese & Marinara Pasta Sauce
Classic rigatoni pasta meets its match with rich Marinara and creamy ricotta cheese in this al dente pasta mushroom recipe.
Mushroom Rigatoni Pasta Recipe with MarinaraThis easy rigatoni recipe calls for marinara sauce, rich ricotta cheese, and, perhaps most importantly, sliced button mushrooms. The combination of textures from al dente rigatoni and sautéed mushrooms makes this pasta recipe one for the ages. Moreover, it's ready in about a half hour, so it's a quick mushroom rigatoni for the ages! Dive into this mushroom pasta and thank us later!
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add Marinara pasta sauce and ricotta cheese to skillet.
- Simmer for 4 minutes and set aside.
- Cook Rigatoni according to package directions.
- Drain rigatoni pasta; add to hot pasta sauce and toss.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl.
- Garnish with chopped basil and serve.