Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 package frozen artichokes, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat the oven to 375°F .
- Cook the pasta 3/4 the recommended time.
- Drain the pasta and toss with olive oil, place flat on a sheet tray to cool down.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Add garlic and chili flakes and sauté for 1 minute. Add the flour and cook for an additional minute. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until all the flour is incorporated.
- Let the sauce come up to a simmer, then season to taste and simmer for 5 minutes, but don’t let it burn.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add in the thawed spinach and artichokes.
- Fold in the pasta and Parmigiano cheese and place in a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.