with Asparagus in Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini
- 1 bunch asparagus sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato Basil Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- ½ cup grated pecorino romano cheese grated (optional)
- salt and black pepper to taste
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt.
2Sauté asparagus with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until slightly brown, about 3-4 minutes.
3Add sauce and ½ cup of water, simmer for 5 minutes.
4Cook pasta according to the package directions.
5Drain pasta and toss with the sauce in a large mixing bowl.
6Top with chopped parsley and grated pecorino romano cheese before serving.