with Italian Sausage & Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2/3 pound Italian sausage casings, removed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese grated
- 4 leaves basil julienned
1Gently heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and red pepper flakes.
2Add crumbled Italian sausage and brown well.
3Deglaze with white wine and reduce well. ADD sauce and 1 cup of water, adjust with salt and pepper and simmer for five minutes.
4Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with the sauce.
5Finish with cheese, basil and remaining olive oil.