Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2/3 pound Italian sausage casings, removed
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese grated
- 4 leaves basil julienned
- Gently heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- Add crumbled Italian sausage and brown well.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce well. ADD sauce and 1 cup of water, adjust with salt and pepper and simmer for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with the sauce.
- Finish with cheese, basil and remaining olive oil.