- total fat
- total carbohydrate
Ingredients for 4 people
- ½ box Barilla® Ditalini
- 2 18-oz cans Italian style tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 slivers lemon zest
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup Chianti wine
- 1½ pounds pork shoulder, fat trimmed and medium diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine all the ingredients except for the pasta and parsley.
- Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
- Once the soup is cooked, remove the rosemary, garlic and lemon zest.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and add to the soup.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Optional: Drizzle with olive oil and top with cheese before serving.