Barilla® Medium Shells in a Slow Cooker with Spicy Marinara Sauce,
Butternut Squash & White Beans
- 1 jar Barilla® Spicy Marinara Sauce
- 1 box Barilla® Medium Shells
- 1 medium butternut squash, diced
- 4 cups water
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 18-oz can white beans
- 10 basil leaves, sliced thin
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
1In a slow cooker, combine sauce, squash and water.
2Cook on low heat for 8 hours.
3Once cooked, increase the heat to high and add the pasta.
4Cook the pasta in the slow cooker for 45 minutes or until "al dente".
5Turn off the heat and stir in the white beans, basil and cheese. Serve and enjoy.