Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti (or 1 box Barilla® Thin Spaghetti)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Romano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh black pepper, coarsely milled
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, combine olive oil and black pepper; add ½ cup cooking water.
- Drain pasta and toss in the bowl with butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle with aromatic herbs if desired and serve.