Harvest Chicken Parmesan Bake with Spaghetti
This classic baked spaghetti recipe was inspired by harvest time, but can be enjoyed in any season!
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti pasta
- 1 jar Barilla® Traditional sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 2-pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves, chopped, stems removed
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Fontina or Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil, slivered
1In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the pasta. Stir gently, then cook pasta 6 minutes; remove from heat and drain well. Return to pot and toss with 2 tablespoons oil.
2Heat oven to 425°F.
3In a shallow roasting pan, combine squash and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to coat, then roast 25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Remove from oven; reduce temperature to 350°F.
4In a 6-quart Dutch oven, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add kale and cook 1 to 2 minutes more until kale is slightly tender and wilted.
5Remove from heat and stir in the sauce, pasta, squash, chicken, and salt and pepper to taste until combined. Transfer half of the pasta mixture to a 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with Fontina and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Top with remaining pasta mixture.
6In a small bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and remaining ½ cup Parmesan. Sprinkle mixture over pasta in baking dish. Cover baking dish with foil.
7Bake 20 minutes at 350°F; remove foil and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with basil.