Spaghetti with Maple Syrup, Butternut Squash, Sautéed Sausage & Leeks
Pasta inspired by your favorite holiday films has never tasted this good!
Maple Syrup in pasta? This unlikely combination made popular by a beloved holiday film just got an upgrade! Butternut squash has a sweet, nutty flavor that is enhanced by the natural flavors present in maple syrup. The roasted squash is then combined with leeks which are great for imparting depth especially when paired with deliciously savory sausage. A pasta this good - will even make the elves jealous!
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sausage, casing removed
- 1 large leek, julienne
- 1 butternut squash medium size, diced ½ inch
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
Place diced butternut squash in a bowl, season with salt, pepper, 5 tablespoons maple syrup and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and bake until slightly caramelized and completely cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet brown the sausage in a skillet with remaining olive oil, stir in leeks and cook 3-4 more minutes until wilted.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Toss pasta with sausage leek mixture.
- Top with maple syrup roasted butternut squash and cheese.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup over the top before serving.