with Creamy Genovese Pesto and Cremini Mushrooms
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced medium
- ½ cup dry White wine
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, divided
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a skillet over high heat, add olive oil and mushrooms. Season to taste. Cook mushrooms until well browned, about 3-4 minutes. Add wine and reduce by half.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of cooking water.
- Add cooking water to the mushrooms and more cooking water as needed.
Remove from the heat. Add ½ of the cheese and the pesto. Mix well and garnish with the remaining cheese.