This pasta lunch recipe is perfect for weekday meals. Quickly scorch your halved cherry tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil with rosemary allowing them to caramelize in the pan. Gently toss the finished tomatoes with your Barilla spaghetti pasta by adding in your Creamy Genovese Basil Pesto with some pasta water. Reserved pasta water helps bind the sauce to your pasta and enhances the overall flavor of your dish. Try this recipe today!
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- A pinch of salt
- Cook tomatoes in a medium skillet with rosemary, 1-tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving some of the pasta cooking water.
- Toss the pasta in the skillet with the tomatoes and turn off the stove; remove the rosemary sprig.
- Add pesto and some cooking water to make it creamy.
Garnish with a basil leaf.