Barilla® Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Lemon and Peperoncino
Winning Pomodoro Recipe for Carolina Diaz, 2018 Winner of Pasta World Championship.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 2 lbs. cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pepper
- ½ lemon skin
- ½ cup basil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- In the meantime, juice 1 lb. of cherry tomatoes, reserve juice and pulp
- For remaining 1 lb of cherry tomatoes, toss in extra virgin olive oil, salt and bake at 395°F for 20 minutes. Once done, juice and reserve pulp and juice
- In a pot, add 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil and cook chopped garlic, slowly, until bright white. Add tomato pulp, only, and cook on medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Add juice, chopped basil, chopped peppers and lemon juice.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. After cooking, finish by plating spaghetti and adding sauce