Spin it: If you love spicy food and want to increase the heat of this dish, thinly slice 1 jalapeno pepper, and add it to the pan with your garlic, red pepper flakes, and olive oil. This allows those aromatics to flavor the oil and add additional spice. If you want to take this a step further and really crank up the heat, in step 5, garnish your pasta with the parsley, additional olive oil, and some habanero hot sauce to taste. Check out this video reel on our Barilla US Instagram channel for this version of the recipe. Good luck, and buon appetito!
- 0 g
- Total Fat
- 10 g
- Total Carbs
- 2 g
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box of Barilla® Thick Spaghetti pasta
- 4 Cloves of garlic, sliced
- 5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Place a pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile combine garlic, red pepper flakes, oil in a skillet.
- Cook pasta according to directions, but drain two minutes, reserving some cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile sauté garlic over medium heat, until it turns light yellow, add pasta and 1 cup of cooking water and cook over high heat until liquid is absorbed. If needed, add more cooking liquid until desired texture is reached.
- Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.