Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Thick Spaghetti
- 1 14-oz can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 red or yellow sweet pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of oregano
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean garlic cloves, remove the outer skin and cut into quarters
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add garlic and remove when it has browned. Then add chopped tomatoes and roughly chopped sweet pepper. Raise the heat and add oregano, crumbled chili pepper and basil; cook for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini into round slices about 1/8"" thick, dredge in flour and fry submerged in a large quantity of hot vegetable oil (check the temperature by immersing one slice of zucchini) until nicely browned. Salt lightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water for the time indicated on the package.
- Drain the pasta, dress with the prepared sauce, add the fried zucchini, garnish with parsley and serve hot.