This comforting recipe brings together the warm, delicious taste of earthy mushrooms with the traditional flavors of a pesto spaghetti. Fresh onion, garlic, and cremini mushrooms are sautéed together, bringing a savory aroma to the air. Vegetable broth is then added to deglaze the pan and bring the flavors together in a smooth simmer, while the Thick Spaghetti pasta is drained on the side. Pesto, mushrooms, and half of the queso fresco cheese is combined with the Thick Spaghetti for a delicious, hearty meal. Garnish with remaining cilantro and cheese and enjoy.
Barilla’s Thick Spaghetti is wider than the traditional spaghetti noodle and packed with delicious flavor. In Italian, the name spaghetti means, “length of cord” and is long and round and gives a fuller taste to each sauce.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Thick Spaghetti pasta
- ½ jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 1 pound Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ cup queso fresco cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté onion and garlic with olive oil until translucent. Add mushrooms, season, and sauté over high heat until fully cooked and slightly browned.
Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta and add to mushrooms with pesto, and ½ of the cheese then mix well.
- Turn off heat and garnish with remaining cheese and cilantro before serving.