Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Thick Spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pound Fresh Small Clams
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
- 3 cloves Garlic, Peeled, Chopped
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 pound Crushed San Marzano Tomato, Canned, Drained
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- Soak clams for 30 minutes in cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt. Rinse clams thoroughly under cold water and drain.
- Heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add garlic and sauté until light golden. Add the clams, white wine and the bay leaf. Cover and cook until the clams open. Discard the bay leaf.
- Add the tomatoes to another large skillet and bring the tomatoes to a boil. Add the clam mixture, with half of the shells including their juice. Add the red pepper flakes.
- Cook pasta one minute less package directions. Drain and add to sauté pan.
- Toss with the sauce for one minute. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley and the remaining olive oil.