Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups packed mix baby greens [OK if wilted]
- 1 cup carrot tops
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded [or any protein of your liking]
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions.
- Carefully drain pasta, season with ½-tabelsppon olive oil to prevent from sticking, cool down flat on a sheet pan. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Meanwhile, prepare pesto. In a food processor pulse garlic, salt, pepper, pumpkin seeds until thinly ground. Stir in greens, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and zests and a few ice cubes; process to incorporate; fold in cheese.
- Place pasta in a bowl, pour pesto on it, add chicken and tomatoes; mix well.
- Ideally let sit 20 minutes at room temperature before serving.