Barilla® Tri-Color Penne Pasta Salad
with Roasted Veggies & Shredded Parmigiano Cheese
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small butternut squash diced
- 1 bunch asparagus cut on a thin bias
- 1 head fennel sliced thin
- 2 each roasted red bell peppers diced
- 2 each Portobello mushrooms diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon Juice
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shredded
1Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt and cook pasta 1 minute under required cooking time.
2Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on a sheet tray to cool down.
3Roast the vegetables separately on sheet trays seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil until they are lightly browned and cooked through.
4Once the vegetables are cool, combine pasta and vegetables in a large bowl, add remaining olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and toss to combine.
5Once combined, top with cheese.