Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
with Shrimp, Grape Tomatoes & Basil Bread Crumbs Pasta Salad
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Penne
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound shelled shrimp
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons coarse bread crumbs
- ½ clove garlic
- 6 leaves basil
1Cook penne 1 minute less the recommended cook time, drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place flat on a sheet pan to cool.
2Meanwhile, sauté shrimp with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add lemon, reduce to half and set aside.
3Halve the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4Toast bread crumbs in the oven seasoned with remaining olive oil, chopped garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
5Toss pasta with shrimp and tomatoes and top with crunchy bread crumbs before serving.