- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Ziti
- ½ cup fresh mint, packed
- ½ cup fresh basil, packed
- 1 cup fresh parsley, packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 fresh medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon red chili pepper flakes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup Pecorino cheese, freshly grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place mint, basil, parsley, garlic, capers, tomatoes, black pepper, red chili pepper, and half the olive oil in a blender.
- Process in short bursts until roughly chopped.
- Turn blender on full and drizzle in remaining oil and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Remove pesto and place in a large serving bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain and transfer pasta to a large bowl.
- Add pesto and toss to coat pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.