- 1 Box Barilla® Ziti
- 2 Medium Vidalia Onions, thick julienne cut
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- ½ Tsp Red Pepper flakes
- 1 cup Bacon, cut in strips
- ½ Cup Romano Cheese
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- ⅔ Cup grated Romano Cheese
- Place a pot of water to boil. Meanwhile sauté onion, bacon, red pepper flakes, rosemary with olive oil until the onion is translucent and bacon is rendered.
- Cook pasta according to directions; then drain, while reserving ½ cup of water.
- Toss pasta with bacon mixture and cooking liquid until everything is well combined together.
- Turn off heat and stir in Romano cheese before serving.