Bell Peppers Stuffed with Barilla® Penne & Sausage Ragout
Better Together Series: Family and friends will gather around the table to enjoy this colorful, creative crowd-pleaser.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 cup Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large bell peppers, any color, top and stems removed
- 1 clove, garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons, fresh thyme
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage, skin removed
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the peppers on a tray then drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly blistered. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet sauté garlic in olive oil until slightly yellow; add sausage and thyme, cook until browned.
- Deglaze with wine and reduce well, then add Marinara sauce and ½ cup of water, season with salt and simmer until reduced about 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta 3 minutes less then package directions, drain and toss with the sauce mixture.
- Fill each pepper with pasta and top with cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown.