- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle
- ½ pound crumbled Italian turkey sausage
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 jar Barilla® Basil Pesto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese in 1/2-inch balls
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the pasta; stir gently. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli for the last 2 to 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat pesto over medium-low heat until heated through; toss with pasta. Add the sausage to the pasta along with the mozzarella cheese.
To serve, garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Customize it: Vary this simple dinner with cauliflower or peas instead of broccoli, or Barilla Marinara sauce rather than Basil Pesto.