- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 16-ounce box Barilla® Thin Spaghetti
- 1 24-ounce jar Barilla® Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 large red sweet peppers
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Quarter sweet peppers lengthwise, remove and discard stems, seeds and membranes, then place them, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet, 4 to 5 inches from the broiler.
- Broil peppers 8 to 10 minutes or until skins are blistered and dark, then remove from oven, bringing up the sides of foil to seal.
- Let peppers stand about 15 minutes, then open foil and peel peppers, discarding skin.
- Chop peppers and stir into Marinara Pasta Sauce.
- Transfer Marinara Pasta Sauce mixture to an extra-large skillet and bring to a low simmer.
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, adding salt to taste and the Thin Spaghetti, stirring gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Add Thin Spaghetti to the skillet and toss with the Marinara Pasta Sauce mixture, stirring in the arugula.
- In a nonstick extra-large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until hot.
- Break eggs, one at a time, into the pan; season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and let cook until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
- Use a spatula to carefully flip each egg, and cook to desired doneness.
- Serve pasta immediately, topped with fried eggs and Parmesan.
- Customize it: Jarred roasted red peppers work in a pinch. But to really maximize the fresh bold flavors of this dish, use fresh red sweet peppers and roast them yourself.