Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Campanelle
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, whole clove
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 4 ounces ground lamb
- ¼ cup Chianti wine
- 1-14 ounce can peeled tomatoes, remove seeds and dice cut
- 2 cups water
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Tuscan pecorino cheese, shaved
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté onion in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sage, rosemary and garlic for 10 minutes at low heat.
- Add the meat and cook until it begins to stick on the bottom of the pan, browned and caramelized.
- Deglaze with the red wine and let it reduce completely.
- Discard the rosemary and the garlic.
- Add tomatoes to the meat sauce along with 2 cups of water and the tomato paste.
- Simmer until the water evaporates. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss pasta with the sauce and finish with parsley, cheese and remaining olive oil.