Campanelle with Tuscan Ragout
South Beach Wine & Food Festival 2018 Recipe
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Campanelle
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic, whole clove
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 4 ounces ground lamb
- ¼ cup Chianti wine
- 1-14 ounce can peeled tomatoes, remove seeds and dice cut
- 2 cups water
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Tuscan pecorino cheese, shaved
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
1Bring a pot of water to boil, season with salt and cook the pasta according to package directions.
2Sauté onion in a large skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sage, rosemary and garlic for 10 minutes at low heat.
3Add the meat and cook until it begins to stick on the bottom of the pan, browned and caramelized.
4Deglaze with the red wine and let it reduce completely.
5Discard the rosemary and the garlic.
6Add tomatoes to the meat sauce along with 2 cups of water and the tomato paste.
7Simmer until the water evaporates. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8Toss pasta with the sauce and finish with parsley, cheese and remaining olive oil.