- 7 g
- Total Fat
- 28 g
- 8 g
Ingredients 20 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 1 jar Barilla® Fire Roasted Marinara
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Corn starch
- 2 tbs Water
- ½ cup, grated Parmigiano
- Salt to taste
Alfredo Sauce ProcedureBring milk and cream to boil, lower the heat and add garlic powder. Meanwhile dilute corn starch with water, add to the sauce along with salt, whisk well and simmer for two minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese.
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the pasta. Stir gently, then cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a very large skillet, combine the Alfredo sauce, cheeses, and pepper. Heat through until cheese is melted. Drain pasta and add to sauce; stir to combine. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and chill at least 6 hours or overnight, stirring once.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with foil; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs with ¼ cup water. In a shallow dish, place the bread crumbs. Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, shape pasta mixture into 2-inch balls. Squeeze balls tightly then roll in egg mixture, then in panko to coat. Arrange on baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Serve with heated Fire Roasted Marinara sauce.