Ingredients 8 Servings
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 16-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried), crushed>
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a small bowl combine 1 cup chickpeas, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt; spread in an even layer in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Roast chickpeas about 30 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring once halfway through roasting; cool completely.
- In a food processor blend remaining chickpeas until finely processed; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat; sauté zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes; remove zucchini from pan and set aside.
- In the same saucepan stir together the Roasted Garlic sauce and processed chickpeas; bring to a very low simmer.
- Pour Roasted Garlic sauce mixture into large pot; stir in zucchini and 1 tablespoon rosemary; stir in pasta.
- Slowly add reserved cooking water until desired consistency is reached; serve immediately topped with roasted chickpeas and crumbled feta.
- Customize it: To add an extra dose of veggies without any extra work, stir in baby kale or baby spinach just before serving.