Ingredients for 8 people
- 1/3 box Barilla® Ditalini pasta
- ½ jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 16 round tomatoes on the vine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 anchovy (optional)
- 4 basil leaves, cut julienne
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut the top off each tomato, carve out the inside leaving only the outer part, creating a vessel for pasta, set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté anchovy (optional), capers and olives with half the olive oil for about one minute, add sauce and bring to a boil.
- Cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions and drain. Toss with marinara sauce mixture and basil, let cool down.
- Stir in mozzarella and fill tomatoes with pasta mixture. Mix Panko with remaining olive oil then top each tomato.
- Bake stuffed tomatoes until Panko is golden crispy and mozzarella is melted, about 10 minutes.