Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gemelli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, thick julienne sliced
- 1 butternut squash, diced ½ inch pieces
- ½ jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, caramelize the onion in a skillet with olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season butternut squash with oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 400° F, about 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain 2 minutes undercooked, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Finish the cooking process in a skillet with the roasted squash, onion and cooking water as needed.
- Turn off heat, stir in cheese, pesto and serve immediately.