Gemelli with White Wine, Stewed Meat & Pesto
Stew Meat is slowly simmered with fresh vegetables in a white wine broth for a flavorful meal ideal for cold winter months.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Gemelli
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced 1/3 inch
- 1 small onion, diced 1/3 inch
- 2 stalks celery diced 1/3 inch
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ½ pounds beef for stew, diced ½ inch
- 1 cup White wine
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan sauté vegetables with olive oil until slightly brown.
- Add meat and brown as well over medium-high heat, stir in wine and reduce to half.
Add 1½ quarts boiling water and simmer until meat is falling apart and broth has reduced to half, about 2 hours.
If needed, add more hot water along the way stirring occasionally.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with meat sauce. Turn heat off, stir in cheese and pesto; serve immediately.