Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound ground grass fed beef
- 1/2 ounce porcini mushrooms, reconstituted, chopped
- 1 cup burger bun croutons, small diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons micro beet sprouts
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a medium sauce pan heat milk.
- In a second sauce pan heat butter and flour and cook for 2 minutes or until the roux is a blonde color. Add warm milk and whisk until combined. Cook the sauce for 5 minutes or until thickened then season with salt and pepper.
- Add cheese and whisk until melted then set aside.
- In a skillet, brown meat until cooked through and season with salt and pepper then add to the cheese sauce. Stir chopped mushrooms and cook 3 more minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and combine with sauce and meat mixture.
- Top with bread croutons and micro beet sprouts.