- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne pasta
- 1 jar Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 3 cups 1-inch cubes peeled butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup 1/4-inch cubes pancetta (about 5 ounces)
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, diced
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Heat oven to 425°F; place butternut squash on a large roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, cumin, salt, turmeric, and pepper. Drizzle mixture over butternut squash, tossing to coat evenly. Roast 25 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook pancetta over medium-high heat about 8 minutes or until pancetta is crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the pasta. Stir gently, then cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pesto and toss to coat evenly. Stir in the roasted butternut squash, arugula, and apple. Top pasta with the pancetta and pepitas right before serving. Serve at room temperature or chilled.