Ingredients for 16 servings
- 1 box Barilla® Elbows
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara sauce
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound chuck roast, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1.25-ounce packet chili seasoning
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 7-ounce cans green chilies, chopped
- 2 16-ounce cans great northern beans, drained
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized sauce pan heat 2 tablespoons oil. Season meat with salt and pepper, add to the pan and brown on all sides until cooked through. Remove meat from the pan and set aside.
- In the same sauce pan add 2 tablespoons oil, onions, garlic and spices; cook gently over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until onions soften.
- Add cider vinegar and cook for an additional minute.
- Add Marinara sauce, beef, stock, water and green chilies. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- Once the meat is tender, add beans and heat through.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and toss with remaining oil.
- Stir in pasta and top with your favorite garnishes.