Ingredients for 8 people
- 8 ounces curly kale, stems removed and leaves torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 24-ounce jar Barilla® Chunky Traditional Sauce
- 1 16-ounce box Barilla® Farfalle
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 300°F; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a 1-gallon-size zip-top bag place kale, oil, salt and garlic; seal and knead to coat.
- Arrange kale in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, allowing space between the leaves.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crisp; remove and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet bring the Chunky Traditional Sauce to a low simmer.
- In a large pot bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil; add salt to taste and the Farfalle; stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; remove from heat and drain well.
- Add pasta and half of the kale leaves to the Chunky Traditional Sauce in skillet, stirring to combine; heat through.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with goat cheese, remaining kale leaves and a sprinkle of lemon zest.
Customize it: Swap out the goat cheese for a milder cheese such as feta or queso fresco.