Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Farfalle
- 2 cups torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup Romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to box directions.
- In a food processor, combine the kale leaves, basil, garlic, walnuts and salt. Pulse until finely chopped.
- While the processor is still running, add in the olive oil and lemon juice. Scrape down the sides process again. Add the cheese and pulse to combine.
- Toss pesto with cooked pasta and serve.