Pairing: Pinot Grigio
This dish pairs very well with Pinot Grigio because of the delicate taste which tends to bring out the flavor of delicate pasta recipes such as this olive oil based seafood pasta.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Mezzi Rigatoni
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh mussels, rinsed
- 30 each fresh Manila clams, rinsed
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions.
Heat 2-tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add mussels, clams and wine. Turn heat to medium-high. Cover and cook until shells are opened.
- Filter the cooking water, discard ¾ shells and any unopened clams or mussels. Place clams, mussels and filtered cooking water back in the skillet with shrimp and red pepper, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in freshly cooked pasta, toss and combine well over high heat for one minute until liquid has been absorbed.
Finish with chopped parsley and remaining olive oil before serving.