Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Orzo
- 1 pound prepared duck confit
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 4 saffron threads
- 5 cups chicken broth, no sodium
- 1 16-ounce can lentils, drained
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic puree*
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Pick duck meat off bones and remove skin, roughly shred and set aside.
- Quarter whole tomatoes.
- In large saucepan bring broth and saffron to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in duck, lentils, mushrooms, tomatoes, roasted garlic puree, salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in paella pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Before serving sprinkle with chopped fresh thyme.
- *To make roasted garlic puree: Place ½ cup peeled garlic cloves on a piece of foil drizzle with olive oil, wrap and bake at 400° F for 30 minutes or until soft. Place cooked garlic on a cutting board and drag the side of a chef’s knife back and forth across the garlic until it forms a paste.