- TOTAL FAT
- TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 3 cups fresh mixed vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and asparagus,
cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shelled peas
- 2, 6.3-ounce jars Barilla® Rustic Basil Pesto
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or whole milk*
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil, add salt to taste and the Penne, and stir gently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions adding the vegetables and peas for the last 4 minutes of cooking; remove from heat and drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot bring the Rustic Basil Pesto and half-and-half to a low simmer.
- Add pasta to the sauce in pot; heat through.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Customize it: Customization is clutch when it comes to making meals to please even the pickiest eaters. With this dish, any fresh vegetable mixture will do.
*Or reserve 1/4 cup pasta water and use in place of half-and-half or whole milk.