Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 8 3/4 ounces ham, cut into 2 slices
- 2 leeks
- 3 1/2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
Prepare the Béchamel sauce:
Melt butter in a saucepan and stir in sifted flour. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Add milk in a stream and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and nutmeg to taste. Cook for a few minutes until thick.
- Clean leeks and discard green part. Cut in half lengthwise and each half into 1/8-inch slices. Cut ham into 1/4-inch cubes. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté leeks for 2 minutes. Add ham and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring.
- Pour in wine, allow to evaporate completely and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Boil pasta in plenty of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain and toss with the leek sauce, warm Béchamel sauce and Parmigiano. Serve immediately.