Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut in small cubes
- 1 package button mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta one minute less than package directions.
- In a large lidded-skillet, sauté onion, garlic and rosemary with 2-tablespoons olive oil. Once golden, add chicken and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer with the lid on for 10 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Drain pasta then toss with the sauce and cook for one extra minute.
- Remove from heat, add the cheese and serve with a drizzle of the remaining olive oil.