- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 8 Servings
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Penne
- 1 jar Barilla® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 2 pounds Italian sausages, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 pound black pitted olives, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook sausage thoroughly over medium heat for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, remove from skillet and place on a plate. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, bay leaves, rosemary, and pepper and sauté 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes, or until wine is almost completely reduced. Remove and discard bay leaves.
- Add sausage, tomato & basil sauce and olives into sauteéd vegetable mixture. Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add sauce mixture to pasta and serve hot.
Add sausage, tomato & basil sauce and olives into wine mixture
Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated
- Cook Penne according to package directions drain
Add sauce mixture to Penne and serve hot